November 16, 2011

Getting Serious About Getting Healthy: Phase 2

On my quest for better health,  I have already completed my first phase: drink the proper amount of water daily. I have been drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day for about three weeks now, and I feel so good! It has definitely become a habit.  The weekends are the hardest, but I don't push myself too much.  As long as I drink water to quench my thirst between meals, I allow myself to have a Diet Coke or sweet tea at mealtime.  Since drinking water is now a habit and part of my daily routine, it's time to move on to phase two...

EXERCISE four days a week for at least 30 minutes.

I go through periods of time when I love to exercise.  I end up doing it everyday, and I always feel fabulous.  But, then, something happens...my schedule is thrown off, I have to travel, etc.  I fall out of habit and become less and less consistent until I stop altogether.  I make excuses, I plan to "start again Monday," I say that I will walk the dog longer to make up for it.  Lame.  Anyways, it's time to get back on track and fall in love with exercise again.


So, I will push through the excuses.  I will find a workout that I love to do.  I will do cardio.  I will do strength training. I will love exercising.  I will make it a habit.

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...